In 2013, our Summer school took place from
1 to 6 of July, in Budapest, Hungary.
There are already several well established grid and cloud infrastructures in Europe. The next issue is how to exploit these infrastructures, how to port and develop application for these infrastructures and how to extend their user communities. The main goal of this summer school is to give answers for these questions and to promote best practice examples for potential application developers and users of e-science infrastructures.
The summer school is organized by three projects: ER-Flow, SCI-BUS and SZTAKI Cloud, however its subject is not restricted for showing the technologies developed by these projects. Since these projects are about integrating many different technologies participants will get detailed view on how the various grid, cloud middleware technologies can be combined and utilized via high level user-oriented tools and environments like science gateways and workflow systems.
We recomend our summer school to...
- PhD students and technical staff members who are interested in learning cloud technologies,
- application developers and workflow developers who develop distributed applications based on cloud and grid technologies and infrastructures,
- Science gateway developers who want to provide gateway access to these DCIs for their user communities,
- system administrators who would like to establish, maintain and operate DCI services and science gateway services,
- staff members of companies who would like to establish company level private clouds and utilize them or other commercial clouds via a high-level gateway service.
For more information, please visit http://www.lpds.sztaki.hu/summerschool2013.